Last summer we joined forces with our friends over at Marry Okanagan to giveaway a $10,000 wedding to one lucky couple. Ben & Becky won our contest and just next month, we will be helping them host a gorgeous Okanagan wedding with the help of some amazing vendors. To get the celebrations underway we've interviewed some of our vendors to learn more about them. Here's today's spotlight...
We just adore Shannon from Tangerine Orchid. If you follow our work, then you know Shannon is our go-to florist for anything that blooms. Not only is Shannon incredibly talented with floral decor, she is also intuitive for getting your vision to emerge in her floral designs.
Here's a little more about Shannon and Tangerine Orchid...
1. What is Tangerine Orchid all about?
Tangerine Orchid specializes in flowers for wedding and events.
2. When did Tangerine Orchid come to life?
I have been a florist for 9 years, many of those spent subcontracting for other businesses in the wedding industry. This will be my third year working solely for myself.
3 - What do you love about floral design?
I love that I get to bring a client’s dream bouquet to life. Some girls have dreamed of their bouquet since they were a little girl and I am fortunate enough to bring that dream to reality.
4 - Where can people find Tangerine Orchid online?
5 - What tips would you give couples about wedding florals?
1. The bride should get the bouquet that she really wants. It will be in the majority of your photos and you don’t want to look back later on and feel like you compromised on that important piece. If budget is an issue, scale back on bridesmaid bouquets or table centerpieces.
2. Use the bridal flowers to decorate your head table. This show cases the beautiful bouquets and also saves the extra cost of purchasing more décor for the head table.
3. Personal touches make your flowers even more special. Lockets with photos of loved ones can be secured in the ribbon wrap. If you love butterflies, they can be worked in to the flowers. A bride’s bouquet should be an expression of her personality and what she loves.